Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Garden Chairs Rescued

Ever find an old wooden chair along the curb, except that the chair isn't structurally sound? Well, I have!  There is nothing more disappointing that finding an old chair whose bones are no longer strong.  So, what to do????!!

Rescued garden chair
Scrounge Hound to the chair rescue!!!  I pick up that neglected chair and schlep it home.  I rescue old chairs curbside, bring them home and repaint them in bright, funky colors and add them to my garden.  There is a use for EVERY old chair.  I do live in a cold climate and the chairs stay outside year round, so some of the chairs only last a few years, but as I always say....A few more years is better than none!

I even have friends that pick up old chairs and bring them to me.  My friends have told me, "If anyone can do something with this old chair - you can".

So, how do I paint them?  A little light sanding, and Rustoleum Spray Paint.  Rustoleum spray paint seems to hold up better on old chairs in the cold Chicago climate.   Here is a photo of some of rescued garden chairs that are in my personal garden.  Enjoy!


Saved garden chair
Chair in my garden


So....Think twice next time you may see an old wooden chair along the curb.  As I always say, "There is a use for everything".

Until next time....Scrounge Hound.

No comments:

Post a Comment